Boston has dancers who either dance On1 (LA style), On2 (New York style), or both. We even have a few regular club dancers who dance Cuban style (but they’re so few I can count them all on the fingers of my hand).
The following studios and instructors offer lessons.¬† They are all greatly involved in the Boston salsa community, and many of Boston‚Äôs regular salsa dancers are one of their students.¬† Click the studio links below to read their profiles and watch videos of them dancing:
- Divinity Dance Studio, On2 (Lynn, MA)
- Hacha y Machete, On2 (Lawrence MA, no group lessons, privates only, last updated 6/5/2010)
- Javier Salort at World Rhythms Dance & Fitness¬†(Davis Square, Somerville)
- I don‚Äôt know if Javier actually teaches On1 or On2, but as soon as I find out I‚Äôll let you know.
- Mambo Slaves, On2 (Somerville).
- Masacote, On2 (Kenmore, Cambridge).
- MetaMovements, On1/On2 (Central Square, Cambridge).
- Noche Latina, On1 (Somerville & Woburn, MA).
- Rumba y Timbal, On1 (Central Square, Cambridge).
- Salsa Matei, On1 (Central Square, Cambridge).
- Salsa y Control, On1 (Allston, MA).
- Jennifer Earls (On1 and On2 instruction).
- Mariano Neris (On2 instruction).
- Niche Acevedo (On1 and On2 instruction).
Past Dance Companies
- Jam‚Äônastics¬†(1990? ‚Äď 2005?).
- Hips On Fire, On1 (Central Square, Cambridge).
- Hips On Fire moved to Spain near the end of 2009!¬† They were a part of the Boston Salsa Community for like 11 years!¬† We’ll miss you guys!
- Le√Īa Dance Company, On2.
- Melaza Dance Company, On2, directed by April Genovese¬†(